Celebrate Your Teacher
Celebrate your Teacher, Teachers Aid, Principal or Coach with your Milestone Candles "Celebrate Your Teacher" Candle. Like the cherry red apple on the teacher’s desk, this Milestone Candle was created to show our teachers how important they are to the future of our children. Teachers help us grow, they are patient and kind, let's celebrate them! When the teacher is done burning their candle they can recycle & reuse the container as a keepsake for mementos from the school year; pictures from the class party, dried flowers from teacher appreciation week, a rock from the yearly science trip! A unique and perfect gift for a very special teacher!
We invite you to share with us how you are using or giving your Milestone Candle. Please feel free to share via Facebook, Pinterest, etc. or email us directly and we will post pictures and stories on our Blog.
Candle Safety Tips
We strongly advise all our customers follow basic candle safety guidelines.
The Three Basics of Candle Safety:
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
The Suggested Way to Burn a Candle:
- Trim the wick to 1/8 inch each time before burning. The safest way to do this is with a wick trimmer. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
- Burn tin candles in a well-ventilated room.
- Place the tin candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Avoid drafts, vents or air currents.This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, and excessive dripping.
- Never touch or move a burning candle. Never move a candle when the wax is liquefied.
- Don't burn a candle all the way down.For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch of wax remains.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly.Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
- Always keep the candle within your sight.If you are going to leave the room, be sure to first blow out all candles.
- Keep candles away from pets and children
- When extinguishing it is recommended that you Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It's the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle.Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.
- Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Don't touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
Additional information about candle safety can be found on the National Candle Associaton or www.candles.org